Friday 6 January 2012

iPad-ding

The last couple of months I have been toying with buying an iPad2 -specifically for my artwork, but also because it's a beautiful piece of tech. I've visited youtube in order to watch other people use their iPads in an artistic capacity, and have found myself much impressed.

I've also begun looking at what stylus I might use and the Wacom Bamboo stylus with its perfect weighting and elegant looks has me in the thrall of its promotional draw.

In a recent Radio Times article, there were paintings by David Hockney entirely manufactured on his iPad, and even my technophobe mother has expressed a desire to have one herself. In an effort to achieve a balanced view, I have flirted with the cheaper android equivalents, to little effect. For pure luxury and effortless art production, the fates seem to be pointing me in the direction of an iPad.

With the internet ablaze with rumours concerning the immanent launchdates of the iPad3 (February 2012-possibly Steve Jobs' birthday, or March at the latest) and iPad4 (October 2012-this rumour is seriously dubious), I feel I would be foolish to indulge myself and simply buy an iPad2 without waiting to at least see what will replace it. Even so, I'm close to licking my computer screen and drooling on my keypad everytime I look at an iPad, which is hardly attractive and rather hazardous for my keyboard's electrics.

It would appear I am Eve, lusting for the latest Apple. Will I regret buying one in due course? I'm sure I'll moan about it when I do, either unhappily or with inappropriate lustiness.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know; I got a cheap Windows tablet with a capacitive-only screen for gaming. I wanted Windows' handwriting recognition, but the styluses I've tried have made handwriting pretty useless. Maybe drawing would be a different matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking I may approach this in the following ways:

    1) Buy a wacom bamboo stylus, go in to an Apple shop and test the drawing programme on the iPad for lag and resistance.

    2) Look at the possibility of getting a touch screen monitor with a capacitive screen but only if it proves cheaper than the iPad.

    3) Continue to give myself a headache looking at the cheaper equivalents.

    Whatever happens, I'll do a wee slot on what I end up with and how it works.

    ReplyDelete