Thursday 30 April 2015

The Flayed King Print Copy

Tim Shorts of Gothridge Manor/GM Games put out The Flayed King as a free PDF to support the Swords & Wizardry Appreciation Day a while back. Tim also kindly offered to post free copies to anyone that asked for one. I think he ended up capping it at 100 copies, but sending out that many all over the world is still beyond generous.

I swapped him a copy of Oubliette Issue 9 for one, which arrived today. I've had quick flip through it at lunchtime and think it is a smashing little adventure. It's got a very neat (liftable) idea at its core. Add to that good structure and layout, and some excellent artwork by Jim Magnusson and you're on to a winner.

Here's my copy of The Flayed King with similar-sized copy of my own. I hope we get some more zines/adventures produced at this size by other publishers - they look great and are cheaper to post out.


No comments:

Post a Comment